Hi from UK

Just about to start on Marks courses as, unless you wanna pay extortionate amounts to send a watch back to the manufacturer, as jewellery shops around here just don't know what to do! Then hence my desicion to take the course. 

I did a quartz watch repair course in London a few years ago, from that, bought watches that needed attention (mainly Tissot) from an auctioneers in Birmingham jewellery quarter in UK, polished all the scratches out & repaired bringing back to New condition before selling on, or keeping for my own collection. 

I had very many positive feedback for the polishing work I did but, my aim is to service automatic watches, as I believe it's now very sadly a dying art, hence the reason for joining Marks course, (and the fact I was quoted £300 to get a Tissot auto watch ticking again!!)

Great to be here!

Regards

Paul

The art is not dying at all, in fact luxury and haute horologery has never had a so large and sophisticated offer.

But when it comes to repair/service it simply that wrist watch has changed from a needed and regarded object to become a collector's item for some (few), and an almost disposable fashion accessory for others, while the majority of people doesn't care at all.

Watchmakers are not needed to be anywhere, and mostly work for official service center. And the few independent ones are doing extremely well.