Modern Fake or just average?

Tmuir

I stumbled across this clock and no I don't plan to bid on it, but was just interested in what the experts think as to when this clock was made.

Its certainly no earlier than the 1920s or 30s, but I suspect much later.

The enamel dial looks a pretty average finish and the nuts and C clips make me think its a modern clock (Within the last 20 years) made in the far east.

Would I be correct in assuming so?

Just trying to broaden my knowledge on what is genuine and what isn't.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Superb-Vintage-Enamel-Mantle-Clock-Cloisonne-Pendulum/253716467326?hash=item3b12ae0e7e:g:dOAAAOSw~R1bNJ5q

Yes I think you would be correct in your assumption that its no more than 20 years old, it has zero quality the castings are the roughest I have ever seen so I think its far east in origin, yet it already as four bids, its a total waste of money at any price.

Modern, more than likely from China. The Cloisonné is very poor, you can see it is applied in stripes, no wire visible, antique you would see between the individual pieces.  The C clips are a modern invention, there holding in the arbors. Poor quality movement. Because I’m a mod, I can’t say what I would like to.    

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

With the barrel arbors held in with those clips, makes it easy to remove the barrels without taking the rest of the movement apart. Even through the movement is not a good one it has a good point.

Agree easy strip Oldhippy, but personally I would not trust them, just me..Like when they make a half moon cut out in the plates for the wheels etc, just cheap and nasty.

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I do not like modern clocks or fakes. In my time if it wasn't the proper thing I would not undertake the repair.

Agree the far east etc seem to copy everything, and produce cheap items although people do buy them.. Not me I must add....