Can’t Re-Insert Crown Stem in 7S26 Movement

I removed the movement and was able to insert and test the crown stem. 

I took it out to place the movement in the case.

Now I can't get the crown stem to go through.  It stops just before the stem o-ring.

I pushed on the release divot while trying to re-insert and that didn't help.

I hope I don't have to take the whole movement apart to figure out what's wrong.

Edited by mlfloyd1
typo (pushed)

Is the movement sitting higher or lower in the case so the stem is not lining up with the hole in the case?

If so you may not of installed the glass correctly.

If the alignment is out figure out what is not in place.

Agree. The movement in not lining up correctly within the case. Subtle issues may be the cause like rings upside down or something like that.

Warning, don’t be too aggressive with he release button for the stem as you can disengage the whole setting mechanism, and that means removing hands dial and the whole 9 yards to fix it.

Not that I have done that a few times!! [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, mlfloyd1 said:

I’ll try re-installing the crystal and see where that gets me.

Unlikely is that. The crystal seats over the index ring which is turn presses on the case. Neither one touches the movement ring at all. In fact, unnoticed by most, there is a small space between the dial and the index ring. Just take care that the cut in the movement ring goes under and in fact positioned by the short protrusion of the pendant tube.  

I had to take it apart down to the keyless works.  The setting lever was out of place.

I’ll put it all back tomorrow.

Thank you  Mark  for your step-by-step video on the 7S26 movement breakdown and reassembly.

I wouldn’t been able to do it without your instructional video.

Thank you for this rewarding hobby.

Edited by mlfloyd1
Grammatical
  • Like 1