Hello. I am about to work on a movement which was cased in watch from 'Garrard'. The watch was cased in Dennison case made in England.

I want to know the name of this movement but I have no clue.

Please I need your help!

KakaoTalk_20180629_183018858.jpg

KakaoTalk_20180629_183017764.jpg

KakaoTalk_20180629_183018307.jpg

Its a FEF maybe a 290, 310 but your search should be in that area.

In order to find the maker or calibre of a movement basic information must be provided 

Ligne size: what is the diameter of the movement, you can provide that in MM,

Clear pictures of  a decent pixel size so they can be blown up some people on this sight are of advanced years and small pics are of no use or like me just plain old before our time.

1 hour ago, wls1971 said:

In order to find the maker or calibre of a movement basic information must be provided 

Clear pictures of  a decent pixel size so they can be blown up some people on this sight are of advanced years and small pics are of no use or like me just plain old before our time.

That is a nice way of putting it. My eyesight is crap even with my glasses on.:D

23 hours ago, wls1971 said:

Thank you for your advice. I will measure the size of the movement next time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By east3rn
      Hello. 
      I am about to work on a Omega ladies automatic watch.
      I found out that the axis of the rotor is out of place and shakes up and down.
      What could be done in this situation?
      Thanks!

• By east3rn
      Hello watchmakers!
      I am about to work on a vintage citizen watch.
      I removed the movement from the case but I am stuck on removing the automatic rotor..
      It seems that my screwdrivers won't do the job..
      Any advice would be helpful thank you.

• By east3rn
      Hello I had a chance to acquire to two watch movement+dial sets which are from JLC and AP
      However, I am having trouble finding cases to fit these.
      Could anyone help me find cases that would fit these movements?
      Non genuine cases are OK. 

• By east3rn
      Hello dear watchmakers!
      I am now working on a SU movement, Slava 2427. It is a manual-wind movement with day-date complication
      I am trying to assemble the watch back together after service but I am stuck on the day disc.
      The day disc is fitted OK in my view, teeth underneath the disc interacts with the click and the disc advances naturally as other motion works move clockwise.
      However, the problem is that the days written on the disc are not in the right position and do not fit inside the day window of the dial.
      What could I have done wrong?? 
      Thank you!

• By east3rn
      Hello watchmakers!
      Now I am working on a vintage bifora movement, Bifora Cal.812.
      I have ruined the hairspring while trying to fix the position of it on the balance wheel to 
      adjust the bit error. I am searching for the balance complete or just the hairspring on ebay and other 
      suppliers but I haven't been lucky. May be I need other keywords for my search.
      Could anyone help me find the part I need??
      Thanks!