seiko 6119c

Question

Hi all from sydney australia,am  new to the forum .

Am chasing for a 6119-6053 sports seiko 5 -a hairspring replacement or donor movement 6119c variant.

Watch has sentimental value as given to me by my mother on my 21st.Can anyone  help or have any ideas what can be used or substituted to get it up and running again.

Any advice warmly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

23 hours ago, wheats said:

Hi all from sydney australia,am  new to the forum .

Am chasing for a 6119-6053 sports seiko 5 -a hairspring replacement or donor movement 6119c variant.

Watch has sentimental value as given to me by my mother on my 21st.Can anyone  help or have any ideas what can be used or substituted to get it up and running again.

Any advice warmly appreciated.

Hey mate, look up Doctor Watches and Clocks on youtube and give Blondfellow a message. He's in Perth and fixes all sorts of watches. I'm sending my watch to him soon to be fixed. He has a lot of spare parts.

You have Adrian at VTA that service Seiko watches. If you tinker yourself you can probably buy a new balance from Ebay. So no need trying to replace just the hairspring. Watch would probably need a service and some new gasket also. 

Welcome to the forum btw 

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• post script: the view of the larger pivot, red arrow, is where I suspect a spacer, or the two washers that were directly behind the cannon pinion might go, to provide clearance between the two wheels. but I don't know. anyone want to loan me their 1950 Kundo 400 day clock for a reverse engineering study with me? 😉😁
    • Hector, Weasol(you mind being called Weasol? always feel weird about that lol)and Hippy: got back from clearing out the latest snow storm and I took some better pics. I don't think I have the center wheel backwards, as the first pic might be deceiving. it can only go in one way because of the hole for the hand tension washer and pin, and the larger pivot hole size, and the long end to accommodate the hour wheel and cannon pinion, shown with red arrows in 1st 2nd and 3rd pics. 4th pic in red and orange shows where the wheels are impinging on each other and 5th pic shows train arrangement with regard to center/4th wheel and 3rd wheel. so yes, Weasol that's where I originally started was off the hand tension pin hole on center/4th wheel and went from there and ran into the wheels upsetting the apple cart. maybe was this clock assembled wrong by a previous repairman and got the washers wrong or a spacer missing unbeknownst to me? I have zero history on this one only that it's a family heirloom and hasn't worked in over 40 years.  tell you guys one thing-my coloring book and crayon skills are becoming sharp. here I come... I love this stuff...
    • Happy to report, one is on the way. Getting new toys is part of the fun😊
    • Option 2 is tricky, but doable using silicone grease and a small flat screwdriver with dull tip & tweezers. You may even use some electric tape between o-ring and the blade while pushing the o-ring to prevent damaging it. You may also search here for a new waterproof crown: https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/waterproof-watch-crowns I wish you luck and hope you will work something out. I am going to spend less time on this forum as I need to concentrate on some interesting and time-consuming current projects with vintage watches (jewels replacement, new balance staffs, etc). TIME for a break :-).