Timex 1983 Military Camper - Before & After

JerseyMo

On 12/3/2021 at 12:53 PM, ABC3 said:

Hey, JerseyMo, hope you don't mind me asking. Do you have any advise on how to pull the stem, does it unscrew, or is there a retaining clip on the 116 movements.

maybe it is just me but, I find being called "Hey" is not appropriate unless it is from someone you are very familiar with.

I apologize to both of you. I did not realize i would be required to create an account to ask a single question, and did not really plan upon joining or commenting upon any other discussions.

I also apologize for my terminology sir, as i have no experience in any forum discussions, i did not mean any disrespect, and i figured if you did not care for my question or phrasing you would just not bother to respond.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:08 PM, ABC3 said:

i figured if you did not care for my question or phrasing you would just not bother to respond.

The Timex camper is a front loading case.  You must lift the crystal first.  Once done, you lift the dial ring.  This will expose a small slot to the right of the 3 hour mark.  This allows you to see a notch in the stem.  I use a fine tipped pair of pliers to grab the stem and than unwind the crown.