Hello all. 

I know most people here find skeleton watches not so interesting, and there is no thread on it yet.

Mark's course is very exciting, and so far, after a few strip downs my seagull clone (ETA 6498) is still good. I was wondering if pushing a little bit more would be rewarding. 

Has anyone tried to hollow the parts of this movement? It would be good to hear before, just to avoid the most obvious pitfalls.. Anyone else would like to try? we could share information here.

8 hours ago, marcoskaiser said:

I know most people here find skeleton watches not so interesting

Just because it doesn't appear to be an active conversation doesn't mean that we all despise skeleton watches. I actually have three skeleton watches. A Chinese wristwatch and a Swiss pocket watch these were commercially done.

Then images attached I did this a long time ago.

sk-1.JPG

sk-2.JPG

Great example! Much better than what I saw first http://calibercorner.com/maurice-lacroix-caliber-ml-16/

Funny how in the comments people both praise and loath the level of 'imperfection' or 'brutality vs elegance'. Wasn't it from Papi, what would the comments be?  Anyway, great inspiration. I will not touch any springs yet. Only the brass parts.