Super dupertight centre chrono hand on 7750

I have had a nightmare yesterday trying to pull of the centre seconds hand on a 7750, which has resulted in the pipe staying and the hand flying. the pipe is still in there.

Ifor the seconds only, can someone recommend a good tool, i use hand levers and usually from the hour it pulls them all off, but this doesnt feel like the safest way and in this case felt like the seconds was so strong that it would damage the hour and minute.

once i get the pipe off (going to try some oil ) i will see if i can repair the hand

thanks in advance.

This is not uncommon with the 7750 if it is powering a Breitling. I had the very same issue with the pipe detaching from the hand. I did find a supplier in Australia who supplied a genuine Breitling hand for 60$ (at the time approx. £50) there is a vid I see where you see a Brietling watch being assembled and the hands are hammered on. I found on a forum with many with the same issue recommending removing the hands with nail clippers gripping the pipe before pulling. 

This was post in 2016

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/4355-remove-a-breitling-hands-eta-7750-chrono/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, clockboy said:

there is a vid I see where you see a Brietling watch being assembled and the hands are hammered on.

It's my understanding that on some modern chronograph's the hands are supposed to be replaced. Which is bad if you're not a service center where you can get the set a hands.

13 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

It's my understanding that on some modern chronograph's the hands are supposed to be replaced.

A central chrono hand exercises a large instantaneous force when reset, due to its length and angular momentum. So they always then to get lose and I'm not surprised that some makers go to the extreme, probably in order not to have to deal with returns on both new and serviced watches.

In the Q&A part of this link from Christian,

http://watchguy.co.uk/how-to-repairing-watch-hands/

someone mentions the use of a modified presto tool (in the context of chrono sub dial hands, but I guess could apply to centre chrono hand). This allows pulling on the tube rather than the hand / rivet. I have never tried it myself but it seems to have some merit, some of these hands can be pressed so tight the rivet is the first to give way.

16 minutes ago, oli said:

In the Q&A part of this link from Christian,

http://watchguy.co.uk/how-to-repairing-watch-hands/

someone mentions the use of a modified presto tool (in the context of chrono sub dial hands, but I guess could apply to centre chrono hand). This allows pulling on the tube rather than the hand / rivet. I have never tried it myself but it seems to have some merit, some of these hands can be pressed so tight the rivet is the first to give way.

That "craig" talks as if he's so sure but the objection from Christian makes a lot of sense to me:

I’m not sure that the pressure from the hand remover on the tube is enough to lift it up. These tubes are almost impossible to remove even when the hand is gone …