Hello from Melbourne Australia

Hi All,

Getting feverishly into watches (maybe a bit too much!), and probably out of my depth. I have a mentor who is a thousand steps ahead of me so I am very lucky. I'm finding tools and equipment as enjoyable to source and restore as the watches although waiting on eBay is sometimes a killer. I hope I get to chat with you all at some stage.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian, Welcome to this excellent forum. Listen to oldhippy, go that way and you will get the skill with practice. Regards, Mike. PS. I had a mentor who is now gone and I remember most of what he taught me 60 years ago. Part time 3 eves a week for 3.5 years and he was Ex. Vacheron Constantin Geneva,  as a young man. I am a bit old for it now tho.  but still keep going. oldhippy helped me out recently !. Thank you all.

Edited by ecodec
more info

Hi Chris,
A friend and I have restored an L & R Master cleaner. Nearly caught me out when I got it off EBay as someone had replaced the wiring but not up the post (there they were original and out of sight). The cleaner would only rotate in one direction, which was fine but I decided I wanted both directions and rewiring it is when we found the old wiring and it was basically bare. Not sure why the whole body wasn’t live! Just lucky. Anyway, works really well now.
What are you thinking of doing?
Cheers
Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk