Going crazy! 1972 Timex Marlin

Just got this watch in today and was polishing the crystal when it popped out! Have looked everywhere and cannot find out how to get it back on! Is it a snap-in? Glue-on? Need help!!! It is an acrylic crystal, btw. Please and thank you!

Okay. . .so quick update. I have figured out that it snaps on, however, try as I may, I can only get it to snap in on 3 "sides". . .meaning a "corner" of the crystal just refuses to go in. Thoughts as to what to do?

1 hour ago, clubwdw said:

Okay. . .so quick update. I have figured out that it snaps on, however, try as I may, I can only get it to snap in on 3 "sides". . .meaning a "corner" of the crystal just refuses to go in. Thoughts as to what to do?

You will need the correct tool to re-install the crystal. Post a pic

I have no idea where I would find those tools. . .I paid $20 for the watch and if I can avoid it, hopefully I would prefer to not spend much more than that to get the crystal back in, though I have damaged the nerve endings in my thumbs trying to put the crystal back in and that is less preferable! ;-)

IMG_20180620_070025.jpg

IMG_20180619_214818.jpg

20 minutes ago, clubwdw said:

I have no idea where I would find those tools. . .I paid $20 for the watch and if I can avoid it, hopefully I would prefer to not spend much more than that to get the crystal back in,

You need special tools to work on watches, you can buy on Ebay, Amazon, AliX just to name a few. Otherwise bring it to a watch repair shop.

17 minutes ago, jdm said:

You need special tools to work on watches, you can buy on Ebay, Amazon, AliX just to name a few. Otherwise bring it to a watch repair shop.

Hmm. . .no joy on locating the tools. I worry that my local jewelers may not have Timex watch wrenches for a 46 year old watch.

1 minute ago, clubwdw said:

Hmm. . .no joy on locating the tools. I worry that my local jewelers may not have Timex watch wrenches for a 46 year old watch.

You don't need any "Timex wrench". You need a blue crystal press like JerseyMo showed you above. These are easily and economically found on all the websites mentioned above.

5 minutes ago, jdm said:

You don't need any "Timex wrench". You need a blue crystal press like JerseyMo showed you above. These are easily and economically found on all the websites mentioned above.

Thanks, JDM! New to all of this and appreciate your help!