feintaster tool .

rogart63

Well I have one and it is very useful and accurate the most useful function is the adjustable table for putting small parts on it makes measuring jewels easy, they can still be bought for around £350 new, so as long as its functioning £85.00 is a good price they usually fetch £150 to £200 its the sort of quality product you only need to buy once useful but not essential.

• Like 1

I have one that I don't use much, but it is very useful when I do. The table is something that is really needed in my view, I also have a bench micrometer with a table and I use this more than the feintaster.

What I like about this is the soft closing of the anvils, very good for delicate parts. £85 is a decent price if condition is good.

Stephen

• Like 1

I'd probably replace the whole base plate.. My feintaster looks the same, but with blue velour. I always had mixed feelings about the stuff, since it's a dirt trap, and I'm not sure if it's that great at trapping dropped parts (which I assume is it's main purpose).

I wonder what would work better as a replacement.. Leather, like you suggest? Some sort of silicone sheet? Chamois? Anything that stops the part from bouncing.