DPW Z 1000 Parts

Evening all,

I have an Adina badged version of a DPW Z1000,

http://www.deskdivers.com/Site/candino1000.html,

I was recently quoted near 1000 Aussie dollars for a service, reseal and crystal change on my old diver.

As it only cost me 500 over 20 years ago I politely declined.

Now as I seem to have a number of automatic watches that all need some TCL Im looking at learning a bit about watch repair, yes Mark your course is on the agenda.

So while waiting for funds for the course and tooling up I've started planning ahead and I'm looking at acquiring parts, for the Adina that would be a crystal, crystal seal, crown and case back seal.

Easier said than done as I have not pulled the watch apart and measured things (beyond current competencies without tools or stuffing it completely), have no parts list and basically clueless as to where to look for obsolete watch spares.

Doesn't help that DPW no longer exists. 

So only a few minor issues and a near vertical learning curve.

The Adina has a eta 2824-2 movement so it won't be the first movement I play with, it can wait to I at least have some idea of how to go about it, it may take a while to find the bits regardless.

So does the collective here have any idea of where parts for this watch may be available?

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dhc4ever said:

So while waiting for funds for the course and tooling up I've started planning ahead and I'm looking at acquiring parts, for the Adina that would be a crystal, crystal seal, crown and case back seal.

You can probably use generic parts for all these e.g. from Cousins UK.