Hello from Nebraska

wahoo4

Hello everyone!  My name is Ryan, I'm 43.  My family and I reside in Fremont, Nebraska USA.  I've worked in LE for 23 years, and I'm seeking to learn more about watch repair.  Simply put, I can't afford to mod and have all my automatic watches serviced, so I've decided to learn on my own.  I intend to take the online courses available here after I've purchased the needed tools.  I have so many questions!  lol   I've loved watches since I was four years old, and wanted to learn Horology as a little boy.  I so dearly wanted to attend a prestigious Swiss school, however the older I got my dream faded away into real life reality, and sadly I dearly regret it.  As a child my superheros were those with an eye piece, wearing white and doing the precision work of a Horologist.  lol  As a child RC car racing was my fix.  I've recently kick started my love again after acquiring my first automatic Seiko 013 watch.  Followed by my Seiko SARB 033, and owning my first Swiss made watch a Breitling Super Ocean 2.  I've had a lot of experience working with micro mechanics in my RC hobby, but horology is a very exciting new challenge for me.  I love challenge, I'm OCD, detailed and a precise person, so this should be the perfect hobby pursuit for me.   I hope to start to pursue customizing my own Seiko automatic watches very soon.   I'm so excited to start my journey into this wonderful hobby.  I hope to make my fellow Horologists proud.   Cheers!