Longines Quartz

I think that's a ring holding down the movement. It may be pulled out to disengage and free the movement but you might need to remove the screws mentined before, the 2 on the very edge (maybe at 11 and 5?). The "indentation" on the ring  (12 oclock ?) is to pull it out or so it seems.

Once the ring is removed, the opening will be wide enough for the movement + dial to come out.

Again, I'm speculating here, proceed with caution.

• Like 1

I'm new and know nothing but ill give it a try. Can you remove the winding mechanism then twist the moment with the transistor area up as there looks to be a space their that it may allow it to slide up? Just watched Mark's video with the Rolex movement and turning it seems the same here.

Just a thought !

I'm still convinced that it comes out the front and that the screws will have to be removed to remove the bezel and crystal. I only hope someone who does know tells you before you damage something.

• Like 1

I'm still convinced that it comes out the front and that the screws will have to be removed to remove the bezel and crystal. I only hope someone who does know tells you before you damage something.

I'm with Geo on this one. It's quite possible that some of the screws are decorative and that others hold down the bezel. Worth a gentle try, perhaps.

• Like 1

I think Will is on the right line. Its either the screws surrounding the bezel or the two screws @ approx 11 o'clock & 5 o'clock that are holding the movement and spacer. If the watch is rusted it might not be obvious that it is ready to come out when these screws & stem are removed & GENTLE tap might show results.

I believe i had one before for repair and if i have good memory,the bezel was pressed in with a gasket.

The screws were only decorational ones

So try the knife way i believe you will succeed

p.s: sent from my s****y phone so sorry for typing mistakes

• Like 2

Where have you been hiding Emso? This is what we have been waiting for!

Besides the job, tapatalk did not inform me that there were new messages in this forum.

So i did not know that someone posted

Br

Emso

P.s can someone tell how can i stop receiving notifications on e-mail as my inbox is full from this forum

p.p.s: sent from my s****y phone so sorry for typing mistakes

Emso

P.s can someone tell how can i stop receiving notifications on e-mail as my inbox is full from this forum

Hello Emso.  Just had a quick look re emails,  If you click on your name (Top right, near sign in, sign out) amongst the options is my settings and amongst those is notification options to turn email notification On/Off.  Hope this helps.

Edited by autowind

I have looked at this again & again  and I can not see any reason for the screws other than removing the movement. They seem to have a washer or lip and therefore I conclude that they are for holding something, either the movement or a spacer ring.

I believe i had one before for repair and if i have good memory,the bezel was pressed in with a gasket.

The screws were only decorational ones

So try the knife way i believe you will succeed

p.s: sent from my s****y phone so sorry for typing mistakes

I agree with Geo & emso. The only info I have found so far is that Boley quote a bezel gasket for this model, this combined with the movement holding screws strongly suggests a front loader.

Hello all. Back from vacationing at Cape Cod and I have good news. Emso you have a good memory. The movement came throught the front. The screws are only for decoration. See attached pictures. Hopefully I can get it running.post-310-0-04817300-1413654451_thumb.jpgpost-310-0-31710500-1413654473_thumb.jpgpost-310-0-41065000-1413654489_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi All,

Ok I have been looking at this case several times and it just doesn't make sense. Why would you have a top loader and then have to take the back off to remove the stem? Most top loaders are designed so that there is no back to remove. Anyway I see that it was indeed a top loader but would have confused me as well.

Charles K

Edited by CKelly

Hi All,

Ok I have been looking at this case several times and it just doesn't make sense. Why would you have a top loader and then have to take the back off to remove the stem? Most top loaders are designed so that there is no back to remove. Anyway I see that it was indeed a top loader but would have confused me as well.

Charles K

Not uncommon on the various watches I have worked on, both Swiss & Japanese. Mostly due to a large dial on small calibre, but not always so.