Hamilton 747 Balance Jewel

Thats what I thought too kinda like a Kif spring, but it wont move. Not sure I'm trying as hard because I wasn't 100% sure I was suppose to move it. Any recommendations as to what you would use to remove it? Thanks

6 minutes ago, fuse63 said:

I had the same thoughts myself and did try that, but i think i was being too careful not to break it, but im going to give it one more try. Thanks for the help i appreciate it.

Maybe better to leave as is. And clean it in the ultrasonic as is and then oil . Should be fine. Could be hard to find a new part if it breaks? 

So I solved this issue, someone sent me the hamilton 747 service bulletin and it says to put a screw driver in the slot and turn counter clockwise and it will release the cap jewel. I did it last night and it worked so problem solved.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fuse63 said:

So I solved this issue, someone sent me the hamilton 747 service bulletin and it says to put a screw driver in the slot and turn counter clockwise and it will release the cap jewel. I did it last night and it worked so problem solved.

Thought you had already tried that :) But happy you worked it out.