Minute hand problems....

For some reason I’m not processing this well. It’s been a long day. Correct me if I’m wrong. The canon pinion should make one revolution per minute, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cannon pinion is holding the hour hand

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, jdrichard said:

The cannon pinion is holding the hour hand

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

See below... I had to think about this a while - I always get it mixed up, but I still say canon pinion holds minute hand :)

HANDS-WORK.jpg.7286a7d037b5c87dfbf5904f82ce406f.jpg

Edited by sstakoff
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, sstakoff said:

Ha! The image I just posted shows the seconds hand attached to the third wheel! That's not correct - seconds are attached to the fourth wheel!!!

Yes and no.....

In a sub-seconds or a direct driven centre seconds configuration the seconds hand is indeed mounted on the fourth wheel. But in an indirect driven centre seconds configuration (which is what your illustration appears to be) the seconds hand is mounted on its own pinion which is usually driven by the third wheel.

This is a sub second. And to update, after staying up till about 1 o’clock this morning working on it, the watch is running better but still not perfect. Still the occasional stop but so far this morning it’s been running since 6:00am. Still not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See below... I had to think about this a while - I always get it mixed up, but I still say canon pinion holds minute hand [emoji4]
HANDS-WORK.jpg.7286a7d037b5c87dfbf5904f82ce406f.jpg

Crap, you are correct. It's the gear over the pinion that holds the hour hand...I should know this:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1