I got a Pultra lathe and I'm very happy to finally have a watch makers lathe so I though I'd share some photos. Now I need to find collects that I can us to clamp drill bits into the tail stock and I'm happy. Any advice would be appreciated.

5b204095a536d_Pultra(2).thumb.JPG.3ce252d3c666d247fc2bbcafb21933f0.JPG

5b2040f1d1685_Pultra(3).thumb.JPG.4440181b70590ed25fbbea41536f9993.JPG

5b2040d99525e_Pultra(4).thumb.JPG.7ac3c5fe53f3d5a72638c4694ec586e5.JPG

5b2040b6f095a_Pultra(1).thumb.JPG.21f11ebf52d2a36b9e76ab1686aa17dd.JPG

Very nice, Pultra's are high quality machines, they were a brand of Smart Brown who rank among the finest lathe makers, ever.

I'm pretty sure that lathe is 8mm, despite the name.  Tony's lathe site explains it all - the 8 and 10 geneva lathes were both 8mm.  Can you measure the body dia of a collet and let us know?

http://www.lathes.co.uk/pultra-8-and-10/

As for drilling, I don't think its going to happen readily with that tailstock.  Few 8mm lathes seem to have that function - tailstock collet mounting.  The reason is (afaik) that its not really needed, holes are made by make a making a small centre mark with a graver then drilling with the drill held in a pin vise.  The hardest part is make the centre without a pip in the centre of it, but ounce that is figured out its quite easy and  being handheld, is very sensitive which is needed for small drills.

Pultra definitely made a 10mm lathe -  a shot of mine is below.  its a treat to use, its a bit bigger than the 8mm collet lathes

https://imgur.com/EVGFDOG

Edited by measuretwice

Fascinating stuff, and coincidentally I’ve got a pultra on the way too. I’ll have a good measure up when I get my hands on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply's. I was thinking I might not find a drilling tail stock. I have plans in my head to make one so I'll post it here if it works.

The collets are definitely 8mm (apart from one 6mm which I didn't even know existed).

Also it came with documents so I think I'll PDF them and send a copy to Lathes.co.uk as they were asking for some.

Thanks for the reply's. I was thinking I might not find a drilling tail stock. I have plans in my head to make one so I'll post it here if it works.
The collets are definitely 8mm (apart from one 6mm which I didn't even know existed).
Also it came with documents so I think I'll PDF them and send a copy to Lathes.co.uk as they were asking for some.

Could you make the odd available here too? ;0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk