Tool for removig oscillating weight on Sellita 300.

rogart63

Asked if i could service a Tag heuer with calibre 9 movement .  But see that it has a special bolt for the oscillating weight . Have search for a cheaper option then Horotec or Bergeon. Ya i know you shall not buy cheap tools. First  rule in the ten commandments for watchtinkers. But as i won't service that many i reckon i can do with a cheap tool. 

TTAG-Heuer-Carrera-WAR2415-BA0776-watch-1.jpg

Edited by rogart63

It requires a 90 degree turn to remove, this movement is a Sellita supplied sw1000-1 

http://www.sellita.ch/images/stories/documents/SW1000_1_37_20150901.pdf

cant you make something yourself to do the job ?

Actually having looked at the data sheet you remove the rotor bridge and unscrew the screws from below to remove the rotor and bearing assembly do you really need to remove the rotor from the bearing ?

Edited by wls1971
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BUSAKAZ said:

Can't you just remove the three screws that hold the winding bridge on and flip it over to get at the three screws that hold the weight on.

Cheers Kaz

Probably can. Haven't got the watch yet. This thread  was just a to check if it's possible to even do a service without any special tools . Though i needed the tool to remove the rotor. But now i see that you can remove it from underside.