Platform escapement pallets

Lenj

If it is a modern platform, you can get replacement parts.

https://www.hswalsh.com/categories/platform-escapement-spares

I would keep all old platforms for such parts. Ebay normally have old platforms for sale. Unless you find an identical platform to yours, I very much doubt you will have any luck. It will depend on the size of the stones.   

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, oldhippy said:

If it is a modern platform, you can get replacement parts.

https://www.hswalsh.com/categories/platform-escapement-spares

I would keep all old platforms for such parts. Ebay normally have old platforms for sale. Unless you find an identical platform to yours, I very much doubt you will have any luck. It will depend on the size of the stones.   

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me Oldhippy..I am trying to get this minature clock going I now have two platforms one the spring is missing and the one I just bought that has a pallet jewel missing, I have a few old platforms but none have small enough jewels to fit, thx for the link to Hswalsh, I will have a look there.

Len

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 8:51 PM, oldhippy said:

If you have just one pallet stone you need to measure that and compare what cousins have to offer.   

Hi Oldhippy..Yes I have one tiny little thing..

I did have two more little larger don't have them anymore, both twang out of the tweezers lol..Still looking for them, I will find them!!!

Len

• 4 weeks later...

Need HELP!!!

Not sure if this is allowed just delete if not..

So I now have acquired quite a few jewel pallets for this old platform escapement. All day yesterday I was trying to fix a jewel into this platform and the little blighters kept pinging out of the tweezers and disappearing into the atmosphere, not managing to find any I thought rather than get the BIG hammer out and smash it in (no not really) I would give up as a very bad job. I have not got the eyes or the steady hands for this type of work..So my question is!!! Is there anyone on here that would be kind enough to have a go and try to fix for me, obviously not for free?? Please send me a message... As I said if not allowed please delete..

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Thx Len