How to switch hour and minute hand positions on movement

This is an odd request but is there any way to switch the hour and minute hand positions on a movement? That is, the reverse of normal have the minute hand be below the hour hand. I was thinking either make a new cannon pinion, minute wheel, and hour wheel to accommodate the new ratios, or to add another wheel on top of the hour wheel to control minutes (like how gmt movements are made). The problem with that is that there would probably be many intermediate gears and not enough torque. If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the direction of somewhere I can get some more help, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Basically, I want to have a watch with the hands coming up from under the dial as to have most of the hands hidden and appear to be floating at the ends. It can be done pretty easily with the minute hand behind the hour hand, but the legibility would be bad and it would be backwards. 

That sounds interesting...

How about replacing the seconds hand with a disc, so that the hour and minute hands are obscured (other than the ends). Careful coloring of the dial behind and hands a matching color would give the illusion you are looking for I think. The seconds "disc" could have a small arrow so it would still indicate the watch is running, or leave it totally blank.

If it's a sub-seconds movement, then the disc could be part of the minute hand, and only the hour hand would need the camouflage job.

Just an idea...