Junghans Mega Solar Watch 018/1610 battery replacement

Its a front loader you have to pop the glass off with compressed air to remove the movement. Why is it a non worker if you have let it run down it takes an age to get the charge back up just leave it on a window sill for a couple of days. I had one a long time ago if the 01 is flashing it needs charging.

3 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

Its a front loader you have to pop the glass off with compressed air to remove the movement. Why is it a non worker if you have let it run down it takes an age to get the charge back up just leave it on a window sill for a couple of days. I had one a long time ago if the 01 is flashing it needs charging.

Thanks very much for the quick response, now you will have to really dumb it down for me.

How do I remove the glass with compressed air?

Thanks very much for the link to the video, I had already watched it but couldn't see how to apply this technique to the waterproof watch with no stem or crown, it only has buttons which will all be water proof and I assume air tight.

The glass is also flush to the case so I can't use an extractor tool, so I am stumped. 

All advise gratefully received

I did in the past find a walk through on the web if its the one piece ceramic case its a front loader, I really would try the two day on a window ledge first if the battery has been totally drained they really do need a long time to charge these watches they are no way as quick as say a Seiko, Citizen or Casio solar watch. I think you have to blow the air through the little plastic bung at the back, but once you have removed it you have the problem of getting back on again. If you dont have the tools dont do it

1 minute ago, Swissmade said:

The glass is also flush to the case so I can't use an extractor tool, so I am stumped. 

Maybe a button can be removed and air pumped from there. Be aware that the battery may be of an uncommon type and you could do nothing about it. Better advice is try to recharge with long sun exposition and/or induction charger.

3 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

I did in the past find a walk through on the web if its the one piece ceramic case its a front loader, I really would try the two day on a window ledge first if the battery has been totally drained they really do need a long time to charge these watches they are no way as quick as say a Seiko, Citizen or Casio solar watch. I think you have to blow the air through the little plastic bung at the back, but once you have removed it you have the problem of getting back on again. If you dont have the tools dont do it

I think you hit the nail on the head, the rear of the case does have a small dark circle which I thought was resin? I guess this must be how to introduce air into the ceramic case.

Is the bung re-usable or will I need to replace it once removed?

6 minutes ago, Swissmade said:

Is the bung re-usable or will I need to replace it once removed?

You watch is unique, only one knowing for real is the maker. However since you'll have to destroy the cap, something else must then be used.

Also, I agree with wls1971 recommendation above, if you don't have the tools or experience, don't go at it. It's very easy to di irreparable damage.