Painting numbers on a date disc wheel

Hey everyone,

Do you know if repainting numbers on this date wheel is possible(picture attached) either by hand or some kind of metal dies like those used in engraving by jewellers?

Did anyone ever tried or read something on the subject?

Thanks alot guys0517181526.thumb.jpg.da54ee6c89ec514297061cfde8d85de6.jpg

Hey everyone,
Do you know if repainting numbers on this date wheel is possible(picture attached) either by hand or some kind of metal dies like those used in engraving by jewellers?
Did anyone ever tried or read something on the subject?
Thanks alot guys0517181526.thumb.jpg.da54ee6c89ec514297061cfde8d85de6.jpg

That dial is pretty enough that ID suggest sending it to a professional dial restoration or refinisher.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried and failed. I used the finest of finest brushes and it produced numerals that where to thick.  I did consider "letraset" numerals but could not find a font small enough. A a professional dial restorer is required.

PS I wish I knew how they did it

• Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 2:33 PM, clockboy said:

I have tried and failed. I used the finest of finest brushes and it produced numerals that where to thick.  I did consider "letraset" numerals but could not find a font small enough. A a professional dial restorer is required.

PS I wish I knew how they did it

Pad printing?

• Like 1

A professional dial restorer is probably the way to go.

You'll find painting numbers on neatly nigh on impossible. I have done this for small repair areas but painting on so may numbers neatly by hand won't give good results.

If you're determined to have a go yourself the only other technique I could suggest is printing your own decals. If you made model kits as a child (or even as an adult!) then you'll be familiar with the decals you put in water until they come away from their backing and then you carefully apply to the correct place on the model. Well you can get waterslide decal paper which you print your design on from a standard printer to do the same. Assuming you can match the font and have access to some kind of program on your computer where you can layout the numbers in the circular pattern required and to the right scale for printing then this is a DIY option. 

• Like 1