Where to buy tools in the U.S?

Hey guys, just signed up for the level 1 and 2 course and need to buy all the tools for level 2.

Can anyone suggest where to order from in the United States? The movement used for level 2 it looks like I will have to get from the UK, but I would prefer to buy my tools in the U.S if possible. 

Thanks!

• 4 years later...

I’m searching tool threads because I bought the starter tool set from casker for around 130$.  I do NOT recomend it!

the screw drivers arrived bent. The stand for them wasn’t drilled out on the .100 driver, so I can’t store it in the stand.

the silicone arrived open and leaking 

the optivisor is utter and complete junk, it will not stay tight after 2 hours of use and the led is poorly positioned. It illuminates above the work, over and passed it .  I replaced it with a microscope. They should have just included a loupe and head band holder, that would have been cheaper and better.

the movement holder refuses to hold anything. Once you start pressing down screwdrivers the movement will flip up on edge. The bottom of the holder is slick as snot and you often work one handed  to hold the holder, with a finger on the movement to stop it from popping out. You will scratch parts because of that.

the blower is good, and the brass tweezers are ok, but extremely easy to bend just by holding watch parts.

the jaxa wrench is ok, same with the hand puller but I haven’t tried the pin pushers yet, they look a bit crap- things are drilled off center 

the calipers are so cheap but whatever I only use them for buying straps.

they don’t include basics like a case knife or rodico and there’s no reason for it, I mean they included off the shelf super glue. A second set of tweezers would have been a no brainer.  Even finger cots would have been nice.. extremely basic things were over looked.

and even tho you get crap tools for crap money, they could have packed the kit in a way what wouldn’t have damaged the drivers and silicone..

I strongly recommend against buying these things from casker 

Let me clarify the optivisor broke with in the first 2 hours - permanently 

1 hour ago, Mstelm said:

I’m searching tool threads because I bought the starter tool set from casker for around 130$.  I do NOT recomend it!

$130 for a bunch of Chinese junk is a case of robbery. I would picture the poor items, pack, ship back and claim with PayPal - if that's what you've used. Even a partial refund would relieve the pain.  BTW visors are not a good choice in watchmaking, better to get used to the traditional eyepiece, there are good reason why it's still used by professionals.

Kits are generally a bad idea. Buy what you need, when you need it, at the price level that you are comfortable with. It will be probably still Chinese, but at least you can select and discuss to not get sc*ewed.

Edited by jdm
  • Like 2

Hi 

13 minutes ago, jdm said:

Kits are generally a bad idea. Buy what you need, when you need it, at the price level that you are comfortable with. It will be probably still Chinese, but at least you can select and discuss to not get sc*ewed.

What jdm said is true, best to buy singly and expect to pay a fair price. F*F screwdrivers are good and reasonably priced as are some of th french ones. A lot of these kits are cobbled together and expensive for what they are.

have attached a tool list for you, its advisory, the choice is yours but always buy the best you can afford .       cheers

1612608791_ToolsfortheHobbyist (2) (1).pdf

4 hours ago, Mstelm said:

I strongly recommend against buying these things from casker 

For what it's worth, I've had no problems with items from Cas-Ker but I didn't purchase a kit, I purchased specific items of a known quality.

• 10 months later...

There are several ways to purchase tools in the US. The most common options are:
Local Supplier : Depending on where you live, there may be local suppliers or independent shops that sell tools and offer personal service and expertise.
When deciding where to buy tools, remember to compare prices, read customer reviews, and consider factors like warranties and return policies.