Question about setting lever

Hi All

This is an EB 1575N Roskopf pin leverthat I'm learning on. https://17jewels.info/movements-en/movements-e-en/movements-e-eb-en/417-eb-1575n.html

I don't see where the setting lever attaches.  In the pics below, it's simply resting on the stem.  The link above has a similiar pic.  As far as I can tell,  the dial is the only thing that goes over it.  You can also see that there's a threaded post that's attached.  Wouldn't something screw onto it.

All comments welcome.

Charlie

InkedIMG_2942_LI.jpg

IMG_2941.JPG

IMG_2940.JPG

IMG_2939.JPG

Not sure if I'm understanding your question? Then you don't quite have things correct in the picture. The detent the protruding pin goes into the slot of the stem not where it is now. The setting lever goes into the notch of the clutch wheel as opposed to where it is now and then everything should be fine. Sometimes on really cheap watches they minimalize the components.

• Like 1

The screw on the setting lever is broken of. You need to find a new screw and it will probably work as it should. The setting lever arm should rest on the clutch wheel . Like in the picture. No need for a setting lever spring on this movement as it seams. 

EB_1575N_Zifferblattseite-fit-350x352.jpg.0b0bcbf660c7e7c0297eda3654ac3e35.jpg

• Like 2

It didn't occur to me that the screw was sheared (beginner here).   Under higher magnification I can see the shear in the 2nd pic.

It looks like the it should be screwed into the hole highlighted below. Is that correct?  

Is a pin vice (which I don't have) the optimal tool for removing the broken screw?  Finally, Cousins UK sells "All Kinds Mixed Screws".  Is this a good place to start for a replacement?

Many thanks to all!

other side.jpg

broken screw.jpg

InkedS20180529_0023_LI.jpg

Edited by Lc130

49 minutes ago, Lc130 said:

It didn't occur to me that the screw was sheared (beginner here).   Under higher magnification I can see the shear in the 2nd pic.

It looks like the it should be screwed into the hole highlighted below. Is that correct?  

Is a pin vice (which I don't have) the optimal tool for removing the broken screw?  Finally, Cousins UK sells "All Kinds Mixed Screws".  Is this a good place to start for a replacement?

Many thanks to all!

other side.jpg

broken screw.jpg

InkedS20180529_0023_LI.jpg

That screw should be easy to remove as you have something to grip. A Knipex endcutter or similar . Or a small bench vice. As for the screw i think need a setting lever screw. But maybe can get away with a normal screw in the right size .