West End Secundas question

Hi Everyone,

I am working on an old West End Secundas. I haven stripped it three times and reassembled but still cannot regulate it to a decent rhythm. I haven't found any issues but it did come with a new alloy mainspring. My guess is someone tried to work on it and put it in there. It is erratic will. Level out from -3 secs to -61. Then +47 to -3. As a last attempt I want to try a blue steel mainspring. However, I'm open for suggestions. amplitude is 251-289. BE is .5

With D/U or D/D. I cannot find am movement number to locate a new mainspring?

Could anyone identify the one below? Not my watch but I borrowed the photo.

Thanks for everything!

1d2c0379c6d34e102eb73beee905e1b0.jpg

Cheers,

Gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Gary said:

Could anyone identify the one below? Not my watch but I borrowed the photo.

Best chance of identification would be a picture of the keyless works of the watch and size in lignes. Westend watch co used various suppliers for their movements including at one time Longines, FHF and A,Schild 

Does the rate suddenly change when in a single position? Is it the same when in either DU or DD position?

I don't think the mainspring is the most likely culprit unless the watch starts to knock the bankings.

Hi Everyone,

I found it. AS 636. Overnight in the bench it has dropped to+37 - +\- 16 and BE 0.1 and 291
I’ve demagnetised and still sporadic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Still not enough information to help diagnose. See my question above. Does the rate continually change? "Sporadic" suggests it is constantly changing, in which case it is worth looking for patterns.