Paragon. Venus 150 cases

Hello all.

Is it ok to start a new thread on venus? I only could find the threads for 170/178. The visual organization of the forum windows is very difficult. I’m using tapatalk, but would be happy to take suggestions on a better browser.

Back to the Venus.

I do not know for sure, until I measure it next time, if the seller still has it on the flea market. But it seems to be a 150/151. Very nice worn dial, working.

I would buy it if I could get a new case for it. But on ebay, google, etc, despite the throve of info on venus movements, i could not find any hint that the cases for cronographs of 13 lignes may be interchangeable.

So, given that the searches for ‘paragon’ and ‘venus 150 case’ show nothing, what is the way to look for compatible cases? It is just a bit confusing. Sometimes i find good info on how to get cases for a venus/breitling, but in this situation the brand is unknown..

What do you think of this piece?

94d0dcce5a89611c47f02a5165511a7e.jpg

14 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Why do you want a new case?

Well, I did not like the design, and stainless steel straps. But if this is in your opinion a disfiguration, I will be happy to hear. I am new to all this and value your opinion.

But for the sake of enlightenment, how are compatible cases researched in this case?

Edited by marcoskaiser

The customer is always right, so they say. If the watch were worth a good price, it would be best to keep it as original as possible. I do not know if it is worth anything. Someone on here might be able to help. My own thoughts, I like it just the way it is, certainly the dial and its condition, it adds character. I am a sucker for old things.   

• Like 2

Changing the case would be very wrong in my opinion its a very desirable watch of the 1930's changing it would be an act of vandalism ! in fact the bulk of its value would lie in the fact that it has articulated lugs.

Paragon was registered to three Swiss watch companys of note Buren S.A, Amida and Schild and Cie but it was also registered to a Brazilian company called J.F. Castro Araujo & Ca.

• Like 1