Working on skx nh36 movmts

19 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

There is some problems with the crown. Buy the best AM crown you can get. 

There is like only one type type actually :mellow:. Unless one is spoiled and wants to search and overpay for a SARB059 crown.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jdm said:

There is like only one type type actually :mellow:. Unless one is spoiled and wants to search and overpay for a SARB059 crown.

Seen a few different ones. And talked to lot of friend that has done this mod. They all having issues with either date or winding.  And even if you get the stem length perfect it can be hard to close or open. A SARB059 is the best option in terms of function . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rogart63 said:

Seen a few different ones. And talked to lot of friend that has done this mod. They all having issues with either date or winding.  And even if you get the stem length perfect it can be hard to close or open. A SARB059 is the best option in terms of function . 

On the swaps that I did the results was acceptable, provided that one is  to change date only when needed and keeps the watch running. In any case I recommend to not frequently winding watches with a screw down crown, because that puts strain on the thread.
Once you get a new SKX, plus NH mov.t plus SARB crown you're well already into new Turtle / new Samurai cost range. It is not a cost effective proposition.

• Like 1

I am actually starting yo see this now. Ppl have been saying just buy a watch with better mvmt. Or just keep the 7s26 in there. Which is fine with me I don't mind keeping 7s26. Because using the stem tto charge overtime will wear out. 

• Like 1