Need Pusher for Seagull 1963 Chrono

Hi,

Recently the pusher for my Seagull 1963 decided to fall off, without me knowing about it. I have done a little searching but since this is a personal watch I don't want to spend unneeded money on several pushers in case my initial choice does not work. So, I included some measurements and i hope somebody could be able to help. I don't know too much about pushers, but from looking at the remaining one I can see that the protruding part of the pusher screws into the head.

PS: the outer diameter of the actual pusher is 3.95-4mm.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/9Oq1Qyj

Personal watch? Here’s what I’d do:

pop out the entire pusher assembly. They appear to be press-in type based on your photos. But see if they have internal splines which might indicate they unscrew. But I doubt it.

Then tap the holes. Im99% certain the thread is the same for smaller (6mm) Rolex crowns, then install screw in Rolex replacement pushers. Wholesale outlet 990 on eBay has reasonably priced ones. You may have to drill/team/broach the holes, depending on the current diameter before you tap.

That will be a few bucks if you don’t have the tap, drills/reamer/broach and pusher body socket (whatever the proper term for it is) but it will be worth it. I have a couple of the sockets but I also have a pair of the smallest size channel locks which work well whenbthe threads are clean and straight. 

A drop of purple locktite will be a good idea too. 

16 hours ago, Tudor said:

Personal watch? Here’s what I’d do:

pop out the entire pusher assembly. They appear to be press-in type based on your photos. But see if they have internal splines which might indicate they unscrew. But I doubt it.

Then tap the holes. Im99% certain the thread is the same for smaller (6mm) Rolex crowns, then install screw in Rolex replacement pushers. Wholesale outlet 990 on eBay has reasonably priced ones. You may have to drill/team/broach the holes, depending on the current diameter before you tap.

That will be a few bucks if you don’t have the tap, drills/reamer/broach and pusher body socket (whatever the proper term for it is) but it will be worth it. I have a couple of the sockets but I also have a pair of the smallest size channel locks which work well whenbthe threads are clean and straight. 

A drop of purple locktite will be a good idea too. 

Thanks for your reply. I had thought about tapping the hole, however I feel there is too much room for error. I know that it is not a "screw-in" pusher, and therefore I believe just a normal pusher could be used.There is a washer on the inside of the remaining pusher, so I'm fairly confident that it is indeed the press in type (there are no internal threads). I just think the pusher has two parts, one for the head, and one for the rod that pushes on the movement. I contacted seagull a while ago and got told they don't sell parts. So, I'm just looking for a simple pusher to replace it. If worst comes to worst, I'll take your advice and try to tap the hole, I can go into my workplace and grab the kit.

The existing hole is reasonably straight I’m sure. The only flaw with the plan is if the bore is already too large to accept a thread. 

You might be able to find aftermarket push in ones but I’ve honestly never looked for them. 

Cousins, ofrei etc. might be able to help. I’d just change them both so they match. 

2 hours ago, Tudor said:

The existing hole is reasonably straight I’m sure. The only flaw with the plan is if the bore is already too large to accept a thread. 

You might be able to find aftermarket push in ones but I’ve honestly never looked for them. 

Cousins, ofrei etc. might be able to help. I’d just change them both so they match. 

I agree with you, I don't think it needs to be threaded. Took the other pusher apart, and it seems to be just a crown-type part with a pivot shank threaded on. The pivot shank total length is about 7mm. So in that case, I just need to find two crowns and two tap 10 pivot shanks with the correct length.

https://imgur.com/a/IJYE3B2

Cousins has a pretty wide assortment of Drive In style pushers.  I'd try the Far East style first as they seem to be priced better.  It's helpful if you know precisely the diameter of the hole though.  I'd suggest replacing both to ensure a matched pair.