Armani Watch Repair (AR5713)

Hi all,

My wife's favourite watch has broken and I am looking for some expert advice on how to go about repairing it.

I've performed some searching on the interwebs for the equipment tools needed, but my Google-Fu is failing me and I can't find a matching replacemnet pin anywhere.

I've attached pictures of the strap type below.  The width of the watch head lugs are 5-6mm (I don't have a very accurate measuring tool).

Does anyone have some advice on what I need to fix this?

The watch is made by Armani, model number AR5713.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Regards,

Pete

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

20 minutes ago, jdm said:

I suggest that you buy your wife another fashion watch. Otherwise look for 6mm springbars. You will need tools and instruments to repair it.

Thanks for the reply jdm, and apologies for not posting a question about repairing a "fashion" watch instead of a "real" watch in the repair forum.  Ordinarily, I would have bought her another one but as this one has a significant sentimental attachment for her, i thought I would ask the experts on how to go about a repair.

I'll go and look for 6mm springbars and "tools & equipment" elsewhere.

Thanks again.

I have more 6mm spring bars than I will ever use and all you really need to get them in is a small pocket knife.

If they fit then it's a ten minute job.

If you want me to send you some ( no charge ) then send me an email with your address.

Best wishes, Mike

Nothing wrong with posting questions about fashion watches.

If you just need spring bars have a look on ebay you can buy sets of them pretty cheaply, but they come in different thicknesses, try to get ones that match the size of the holes in the watch.

But are we sure it is spring bars you need?

Looking at the photo it looks like the links have a hole right through on one side (Unless its just a reflection), so it might take friction fitted tapered bars instead

9 minutes ago, Tmuir said:

it looks like the links have a hole right through on one side (Unless its just a reflection), so it might take friction fitted tapered bars instead

Yes probably it does by opening and closing the last link, ideally with a specific plier.

4 hours ago, Alaskamick said:

I have more 6mm spring bars than I will ever use and all you really need to get them in is a small pocket knife.

If they fit then it's a ten minute job.

If you want me to send you some ( no charge ) then send me an email with your address.

Best wishes, Mike

Thank you Mike - I had already spent a couple of pence on some 6mm bars from eBay.  I appreciate the kind offer!

Pete

3 hours ago, Tmuir said:

Nothing wrong with posting questions about fashion watches.

If you just need spring bars have a look on ebay you can buy sets of them pretty cheaply, but they come in different thicknesses, try to get ones that match the size of the holes in the watch.

But are we sure it is spring bars you need?

Looking at the photo it looks like the links have a hole right through on one side (Unless its just a reflection), so it might take friction fitted tapered bars instead

Thanks Tmuir - you're right there is a hole through the last link.  I'll try the 6mm bars first and see how that goes.

Thanks for the input.

Pete

Thanks Tmuir - you're right there is a hole through the last link.  I'll try the 6mm bars first and see how that goes.

Thanks for the input.

Pete

In my experience, ladies watch bracelets can be very frustrating and because the more complex design of a fashion watch bracelet isn’t always matched by good engineering.

If you have through holes in the links, you may find a pin may be less frustrating than a spring bar. Pins don’t have to come from a watch spares supplier. I have used sections of a paper clip, bits of guitar string and bits found in the bottom of that special drawer in the kitchen where you keep the dog lead, bits of string and batteries that might work (but never do).

And the gratitude for the repair sometimes makes it all worthwhile!

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1