Porcelain Clock

Murt

porcelain clock 1890 clock

Photo1.jpg.9a7a217f9cfd210aecc3df407b155248.jpg

I'm looking at this beautiful porcelain clock of a kingfisher bird painted on the clock.

Its up for sale on my local adverts for 160 euro. Could anyone be able to tell me anything about the clock and its value. Thanks

That is a French timepiece and they are normally 8 day duration. The hands are a style called fleur de lis. The dial looks to be porcelain. On the back of the clock movement there is a number. If the pendulum is the original, it will also have the same number on it. The movement is in need of restoring. It is made of brass and should be polished.  

• Like 1

Thanks very much oldhippy. I plan on keeping it for myself. I do a bit of wildlife and landscape photography at the weekends and my favourite bird is actually the Common kingfisher(Alcido Atthis). Thanks again for your input. 

31 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

That is a French timepiece and they are normally 8 day duration. The hands are a style called fleur de lis. The dial looks to be porcelain. On the back of the clock movement there is a number. If the pendulum is the original, it will also have the same number on it. The movement is in need of restoring. It is made of brass and should be polished.  

You are truly amazing with all your knowledge of timepieces.

• Like 1