Any one used bergeon 8935 ??

Oyster

Not invented in my time. Price £978.00 just to put hands on a watch. Bergeon never change they are always coming up with some new invention to rob you of your hard earned cash. I used a pair of tweezers.  

Here is a short video about the tool.

https://www.hswalsh.com/product/bergeon-8935-watch-hand-fitting-tool-hh8935

I have used a staking set before for putting hands back on, but mostly use my tweezers, the Bergeon looks lovely but at £978.00 it's not an investment just a waste Bergeon should concentrate on making equipment people actually want why not bring back the Platax or at least the parts for it again, they seem to be discontinuing anything useful and replacing with designer nonsense.

57 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

I have used a staking set before for putting hands back on, but mostly use my tweezers, the Bergeon looks lovely but at £978.00 it's not an investment just a waste Bergeon should concentrate on making equipment people actually want why not bring back the Platax or at least the parts for it again, they seem to be discontinuing anything useful and replacing with designer nonsense.

this type of tweezers you mean ?

watch_hands_tweezer_64.032__84427.1477099986.1280.1280.jpg

37 minutes ago, Oyster said:

this type of tweezers you mean ?

watch_hands_tweezer_64.032__84427.1477099986.1280.1280.jpg

No but similar I have a pair that have a 90 degree angle at the end I dont use them on Dauphine type watch hands I use my staking set on those as the triangular shape can be too easily deformed.

I have a Bergeon 5378. It costed me a fraction of the price of Bergeon 8935. Quite happy with it. If I was considering buying an hand fitting tool nowadays I would probably consider one with derlin tips like the Horotec ones with replaceable tips.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:01 AM, clockboy said:

Far to much money for me. However I have the Horotec equivalent and found it really useful tool for chronograph sub second hands. However for most of the time I just use these:

5b067146b0170_ScreenShot2018-05-24at09_00_35.png.55ef8813de64882df900994a7afbff21.png

I use similar tools. I drilled the ends so that when I press the hand it bottoms out on the pinion when the hand is flush. I hate trying to pull them back up if I don’t get it right. 

I was considering the eBay special version for setting subdial hands. Those are supremely frustrating for me. 

No way I would spend the asking price for this. I can buy more watches and/or parts in stead!