Citizen aqualand c500q00125 hands

Hello guys, I am new to the group and a friend of mine suggested me to join as it is a very active community.

I m new to repairing and need an advice about a recently bought aqualand. I'm a big fan and building my small collection. Here is a picture of it. Not the best looking aqualand around but it has depth meter and that s enough ;)

The watch is in Nos conditions but sometimes( randomly after few minutes of working) seconds hands got stuck. It seems like it does not have enough strength to move forward and it looks like it's trying to pull the minutes hand too without success.

Battery is replaced.

Any idea?

I was thinking about lubricate gears but no idea what lubricant, and how much.

Or might it be better to disassemble hands? There might be dirty or for some reason might be too tight?

Help me out please :)

En

Inviato dal mio G3121 utilizzando Tapatalk

I would say that the movement just needs servicing. Dirt or debris somewhere inside that impedes the seconds hand's movement is possible but even that is solved through servicing.

Btw I don't see any photos.

Servicing by doing what?

I would say that the movement just needs servicing. Dirt or debris somewhere inside that impedes the seconds hand's movement is possible but even that is solved through servicing.
Btw I don't see any photos.
Can you explain a bit more about procedure s for servicing it? Or if someone has a link or something that could guide me through this would be a great help

I serviced a watch like yours a few months ago. Mine had somewhat similar issues with the seconds hand. I just cleaned the movement, lubricated it and then assembled it back together.

You'll find a few videos made by someone on how to take that movement apart on youtube but they're not very good if you don't have any experience.

If you don't have experience with working on watches and if you don't have the right tools I suggest you take it to a watchmaker or leave it alone until you get more experience (if you're planning on doing this as a hobby or something).

Edited by Chopin
  • Thanks 1

I don't have experience but I have a friend who often repair automatic watches. I will share with him your info and video and try something.

Is white spirit ok for cleaning?
Any suggestions for the lube?

Since this is a pretty complex ana-digi movement I would only clean it if it is dirty on the inside (which is usually unlikely).

For the most part you're only going to have to clean the inner keyless works where all the metallic non-electric parts are (the ones that turn the hands) and lubricate them. Anything that is electrical just use an air blowing tool and lightly clean them (especially the contacts) with something soft, maybe a soft brush.

You have to take it all apart to reach the area where the gears/wheels are. You'd need some special grease and oil for them. Usually they use quartz watch oil. Can't remember what I used specifically.

• Thanks 1