Seiko 2220A Mainspring Servicing

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure that the mainspring barrel in the photos is a sealed unit, though no material houses I've checked seem to stock the part. Besides from lubricating the barrel arbor is there anything I can do with this to keep it in good working order until I find a spare? Thanks in advance!

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

Back in the 70’ and 80’s these units were plentiful and you just ordered a new one. Seiko used to require that the unit should be replaced (I think) every 5 or 7 years. So you should not really take them apart. Times have changed and parts have become obsolete. Follow Marks video which oli has kindly found for you and providing you are careful you should be alright.  

• Like 1

It looks like the same design as the 7S26 barrel
Mark made a video about it, the same procedure probably applies 

Thanks!

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Back in the 70’ and 80’s these units were plentiful and you just ordered a new one. Seiko used to require that the unit should be replaced (I think) every 5 or 7 years. So you should not really take them apart. Times have changed and parts have become obsolete. Follow Marks video which oli has kindly found for you and providing you are careful you should be alright.  

Thanks very much for the advice, got it sorted. I was just finishing up the service and refitting the diashock spring on the balance cock, when it pinged off, only to show up stuck to my sock a half hour of searching layer :)

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk