Hi,

I have a vostok with a 2414 winding movement. Don't know much about watch repairs but was trying to change the dial to a different one. When I wound the watch up nothing happened I.e. no movement. But something odd started to happen and I put the seconds hand back on. The watch unwinds very fast with the second hand whizzing round. See video with just the seconds hand on the movement.

Can anyone advise what could have gone wrong and how I fix it? Appreciate any feedback and apologies as I have limited knowledge of watches and just attempted to change the dial!

Nav

20180519_105119.mp4

• Haha 1

For a watch movement to unwind like that I would say something has broken. The pallets are unable to control the power, so I would need to have a look at the other side of the movement. Turn it over and take a few very close clear photos and post them here. That way we can see exactly what the problem is.

[emoji651]️ What he said. Could be a number of things but something is preventing the pallets from doing their job. Could be broken, could just be displaced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to be laughing but looks pretty funny  when the second going so fast  . Something is wrong with the balance or the pallet fork. The mainspring is unloading it's tension without going throught the balance wheel.  

Edited by rogart63

Did you support the circular part on the brass coloured arm (near the ratchet wheel) when you fitted the second hand? I don't know if it affects your query, especially as it happened before the second hand fit, but you may have damaged or misplaced something. 

14A.JPG

Edited by fjseal