gaskets and 0 rings all watches

im an enthusiast of all watches and very confused by the number of watches that do not

have seals and strugling to understand if they manufactured like this and always need to

re-sealed...

also that some watches at the stem have obvious sealpoints but others dont i know they

may be hidden or open seals to the stem and crown but again some have them others dont ..

can you please try to help me understand how i can be sure they need seals or not

Waterproof and water resistant (there is a difference) will have a type of gasket fitted. You will also find them with waterproof buttons, some screw down on the case. You are more likely to know if the watch is Waterproof or water-resistant by the type of button. Many cases have a tube fixed to the case that the button fits over.   When you open the back if there is no gasket it is more than likely it should not have one. Many old types of watches tend to have metal rings inside merely to hold the movement in place in the case.