Reattaching wheel to centre wheel staff

Folkvisor

I have a Seiko 8280 11A with a centre wheel that has come detached from its staff. I bought another centre wheel repeat with staff but it won't fit.

I am wondering if it might be possible to reattach the wheel to the staff using a small amount of loctite, the kind that you can take apart again if need be - I use it for attaching crowns to stems.

I think that, once the wheel is in place it should work? 

Are you sure you bought the right replacement part? As I am one of the old boys, I do not like to advice on using adhesive. If you go down that road, you need to make sure it will not harm any metal it comes into contact with.

To rogart63: It's 8280 not 8230. Perhaps I misprinted the number.

To old hippy: The part I got from the supplier was wrong but I was told it was for another version of the movement. I'm taking it back for credit. I may be able to get the part from another supplier. It's strange that the two parts, centre wheel and its staff, separated.

On 5/18/2018 at 4:39 PM, Folkvisor said:

To rogart63: It's 8280 not 8230. Perhaps I misprinted the number.

To old hippy: The part I got from the supplier was wrong but I was told it was for another version of the movement. I'm taking it back for credit. I may be able to get the part from another supplier. It's strange that the two parts, centre wheel and its staff, separated.

Sorry but can't figure it out anyway. Is the movement a 8280 11A ? 

I can find a small 11A But where does the 8230 or 8280 come in . 

Sure you can try to loctite it have done that a few times . As long as you remove everything from the outside of the axle.