So I have this Chinese movement, it's really nice, horrendously overoiled, partially my fault when I first got interested in watches. Now I took it apart to see why it was acting up. I'm different positions it would either gain a few minutes a day or lose a few minutes so I wanted to get it working nicely again like I had it.

I think the escape wheel moved while I was disassembling. I reassembled and it won't move. Any help is appreciated, just want to make sure my assumption is correct before disassembling it again. If it's an easy fix then I'm hoping not to disassemble it because it's a pain.dce62fd789bb67e2200a528b4a89721c.jpg080187d48746a9b598ac3efb55edac52.jpg6207e1d7cc66fd2644978d93d854b10f.jpg

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

Are you sure that you have all the pivots installed correctly?

If you have a wheel out of place and one side not in its pivot hole that would stop it working?

• Like 1

No the pivots are fine, that one is shorter to fit into the train bridge. Everything meshes good, it all runs but it's like the escape wheel isn't properly locking with the pallet fork. When it's out together all the gears run fine, the balance wheel ( it's open heart) spins nicely, the pallet forks move but the escape wheel doesn't seem to want to. It will Rick back and forth in the pallet fork.

Is the train bridge on too tight? Or perhaps did something get into it? I've taken it apart and reassembled twice. The only other thing I don't have the oils yet. Is it that much of a difference? It was overoiled.

My goal was to be able to properly reassemble then make it a hand wind because it has that and leave the rotor off. Thanks again for any help. If you require more pictures I will try. My camera is very finicky.

No the pivots are fine, that one is shorter to fit into the train bridge. Everything meshes good, it all runs but it's like the escape wheel isn't properly locking with the pallet fork. When it's out together all the gears run fine, the balance wheel ( it's open heart) spins nicely, the pallet forks move but the escape wheel doesn't seem to want to. It will Rick back and forth in the pallet fork.

Is the train bridge on too tight? Or perhaps did something get into it? I've taken it apart and reassembled twice. The only other thing I don't have the oils yet. Is it that much of a difference? It was overoiled.

My goal was to be able to properly reassemble then make it a hand wind because it has that and leave the rotor off. Thanks again for any help. If you require more pictures I will try. My camera is very finicky.

Do you have the palate fork upside down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was because the train bridge was too tightly screwed down. I unscrewed one of the screws a bit and it started right up. But then it spun out completely so I removed the train bridge to see if any damage was done and got lucky, then I went to replace it and lost both the screws! I'm furious with myself for being so careless. I finally had it too. Can I just buy like one of those sets of screws on the bay? Will it be in there you think?

Hi Mattaphysics,

The train bridge screws are supposed to be tightened fully. If the watch works when a bridge screw is loosened then there's a problem. I would guess a bent pivot.

You need to remove the balance and pallet fork, wind the barrel a bit and observe how the wheels move. If you can't identify the problem wheel then you have to dismantle everything, install one wheel, tighten the bridge and check that it moves freely when blown with a dust-blower. Check all the wheels and jewels.

Anilv