Audemars Piguet extra thin 2120

The rim of the rotor rolls on jewels. Please suggestion which oil could be used for these jewels?

Does anyone from the forum have any further information about this caliber (AP2120)?

Rotor.jpg

RotorWheelDetail.jpg

Did you try A-P to see if they can help?

perhaps an authorized dealer near you can ask on your behalf? Maybe score a set of service documents. 

Guessing, I’d say a heavier oil. Load is pretty high and so is the speed when winding. Too thin and it would fling out I think. Eager to find out the answer. It’s a unique solution and avoids the common scuffed plates in the 15xx movements from Rolex. 

• Thanks 1

This is a high grade movement and extreme care is needed. I would use a tiny drop of watch escapement oil. It will only fling out as one member has put it if you use too much, you only need the tiniest amount so there will be no worries there.   

3 hours ago, Tudor said:

Guessing, I’d say a heavier oil. Load is pretty high and so is the speed when winding. Too thin and it would fling out I think.

Tudor, thank you for your response. A-P provides no information and no components at all,
not even to certified dealers. So every watch is sent and the question is whether it is worth it.
That is why I first try to gather as much information as possible and then service it myself.

Indeed, the speed can be high for those ruby rollers. Do you think of D5 or other oil?

I already have Lubata V105 for the exchange wheels

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

This is a high grade movement and extreme care is needed.

That's why I try to collect information first and hope that someone on the forum has experience with it.

I will take pictures of the disassembly and hope that I can take pictures of the assembly ......

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, Kraai said:

Tudor, thank you for your response. A-P provides no information and no components at all,
not even to certified dealers. So every watch is sent and the question is whether it is worth it.
That is why I first try to gather as much information as possible and then service it myself.

Indeed, the speed can be high for those ruby rollers. Do you think of D5 or other oil?

I already have Lubata V105 for the exchange wheels

I would use a small amount of D5, at the end of the day it's a pivot in a bearing....