Question

Hi watch lovers <3

i got a Robisi automatic watch. It accidentally fell down on the floor and its glass got detached which i attached again but after some time i realised that the Synthetic ruby gem was missing from it. Therefore it lost its balance and it stops time to time. 

How do i fix this? 

IMG_6223.JPG

1_20_7609151.jpg

6 answers to this question

The jewel indeed probably fell but there is also a small spring that holds it in place. Is the spring still there ?

The jewel is easy to find as they are all round but the spring might be hard if it has a weird shape and you have get the exact design and dimension.

Normally I wouldn't even bother with such a watch but just trying to help. :)

@Chopin thank you for replying :)

i think spring you are talking about is right there.

It just get unbalanced and stops at certain angles.(watch video), so i think its just the jewel. where can i find it and how to put it in the watch. 

This watch is a gift so i am loving it more that my expensive watches 

IMG_6324.mp4

I understand then.

The jewel is there to hold in place the shaft (staff) of the spring that spins around inside the movement.

Are you not able to find a watchmaker in your local area ? It should be cheap and any watchmaker (that actually repairs watches) should have such parts.

This is kind of what the system looks like. It's not identical to yours but you get the idea.

incabloc_system.jpg

Another example.

HP_nosProduits.png

Are you from Pakistan ? Watch this video below for the best explanation.

Edited by Chopin

@Chopin Thank you very much.

Yes i am from Pakistan. Actually here most of the watch makers are just so called watchmakers. they can just repair digitals watch by just replacing the machinery. And if I find someone who can actually expert in repairing watches specially automatic watches, they are way too expensive. may be it will cost about the price of the watch :(

that is why i was thinking if can do it my self if there is some kind of tutorial available for this. 

6 minutes ago, aqeeliqbal said:

@Chopin thank you for replying :)

i think spring you are talking about is right there.

It just get unbalanced and stops at certain angles.(watch video), so i think its just the jewel. where can i find it and how to put it in the watch. 

This watch is a gift so i am loving it more that my expensive watches 

IMG_6324.mp4

What you see in your watch which run and/or stops depeinding on the angle is the balance spring.

@Chopin wrote about the shock-protection spring that hold the jewel in place and your watch hs lost both (jewel + spring).

The problem will be to find the right jewel and the right spring.

The best would be to know which movement is in that watch so you should open the caseback, take high definition pics of the movement and post them here to see if somebody can tell which movement it is, or at least see the jewel and shock-spring on the down side of the balance wheel.

The movement is most likely chinese. Try to post a good close-up photo. I can't tell whether the spring is gone or not. It might still be there.

Edited by Chopin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By wilding
      Hello there watch fix fans. Here's (I hope) an interesting one for you.
      I have this beautiful small ladies 'Fero Feldmann' Swiss-made watch - it came in a bag of "used and to be repaired" watches.
      From what I can see, the mechanism seems in very good working order. Just a slight shake and it goes and goes. There is no strap, but that is not the issue here.
      The problem is the stem and/or crown. As you can see, there is definitely no crown. But I am wondering about the stem.
      The watch does have its case and edoes have, as you can see, a hole where the stem and/or crown will/should fit in.
      There is something which appears to be some kind of part-stem at the 3 o'clock position.
      Using tweezers I can pull it out and push it back in quite freely. A very small screw on top holds this "stem" in place. I think you can see, in ths second photo, how this "stem" attaches to the rest of the movement.
      Clearly I need to attach a crown. BUT what about a stem? A stem extension? Or one of those crowns which has an extended stem-like attachment which should fix onto this current "stem" in this watch?
      Yes, the watch face is somewhat scratched, and the minute hand is a little bent at the top. You may say it is not worth my while trying to get this fixed. But I just SO MUCH like this little watch and would LOVE to give it life again! It clearly IS still "alive" - though I'm not sure if it is a mechanical wind-up or an automatic. The latter of these seems to be the case - as I said earlier, a little shake and the mechanism goes and goes. PErhaps with a little oil (and lots of encouragement) it can be made good.
      So my main question - what kind of stem/crown to attach and how to do it?

• By OpenHeart
      I recently found a vintage Pobeda wristwatch in my basement, model 1980-1989. Sadly, it is very old and not maintained at all, maybe since the early 1990s. It is mechanical, so I tried to wind it, but of course it couldn't wind. There is a resistant when I try to do it, so I opened its back and checked what's going on. It appears to me, that the Crown Wheel and the Ratchet Wheel are either too tight, or not lubricated/rusty or whatever the reason may be. Also I found out that when I move the watch around, it winds itself, as if it is an automatic one (it certainly does NOT have any rotor, so that is weird). So I was wondering what has to be done, at this moment I don't have any repair tools. If someone can at least give me a direction as to what has to be done, I could search for some tools. I'm not so worried about the watch itself, although it has a sentimental meaning to me, but am curious to find out what the reason for the problem is.

• By ali
      hi everyone,
      today I was working on a watch (the movement was eb8810) and after I was happy with the result I put the movement under a. glass, come back to it 2-3 hours later, still ticking so I put it back in the watch case and after about 15 seconds it stoped ticking as I started to move it around I don't know where to go from here wether or not it needs re-oiling or a new part in the balance operation, this is not the first watch I have experienced this in and didn't end up doing anything with the other watch.
      thanks in advance, 
      Ali
      p.s I am looking for an eb8800 movement in working condition so message me if you have one
    • By salemvii
      Hi all,
      I recently acquired a very busted up AR1798 with all the hands unseated. Initially I assumed that the repair would be as simple as popping off the back of the case, flipping the dial out and reseating the hands. However, much to my dismay it appears that the dial is slightly larger than the opening and cannot be pulled out the back of the watch. I then looked towards the bezel and hoped that popping that off would grant me access to the front of the dial but alas that too proved futile. Though the bezel did indeed come off, there still appears to be no way of prying off the front of the watch - looks like the bezel was just glued on for decoration...
      Any ideas before I throw this into a draw and forget about it?
      Cheers!

Watch back w movement removed

Profile of watch with bezel attached

Profile of watch with bezel removed (There's no seam to use to pry off the front, lighting makes it looks like there is)

• By Matthew
      Good (insert time here) everyone!
           I am relatively new to the world of clockwork repair and maintenence, but have done delicate metalwork, mechanism cleaning, and enjoy fixing things. Just recently, my sister brought home her boyfriends late great grandmothers singing bird in cage automata. For those of you who dont completely know or understand what it is, its basically a spring driven mechanism using bellows and a variable organ pipe to make bird sounds and move a little birdie around and "sing" (Example of singing bird mechanism working).
           His aunt wants it to be operational again, and after opening it up (not yet taking much apart) I have come to the conclusion that it could just use a good cleaning and oiling. But, my question is, what kind of oil should I use and how should I apply it? I don't have any fancy oils except for a bottle of valve oil for my trumpet at my current disposal, but I would like to buy some decent clockwork oil for this project and a sankyo music box repair I have waiting. 

Note: come to find out while writing this, it was made by eschle reuge I'm Germany, probably around the 50's or 40's.