IMG_0574.thumb.JPG.54ddbade7c09e4f8b03fc56bee9ffd47.JPGIMG_0575.thumb.JPG.2360daca7654933dcb5ae11e12af665e.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say movement. Am I right in the photos I sent?

This is a timepiece, because there is no strike or chime. It has lantern pinions and open mainspring with an open anchor escapement. The more I look at it, I think it could be German or as an outside bet French. Its strange not to have any numbers at all on the movement. The design is basic and would not have cost very much. When I first glanced at the case, I thought it might have been a reproduction and made in Korea or Japan but it is not. It certainly is not American.   

I hope this helps.

This is a timepiece, because there is no strike or chime. It has lantern pinions and open mainspring with an open anchor escapement. The more I look at it, I think it could be German or as an outside bet French. Its strange not to have any numbers at all on the movement. The design is basic and would not have cost very much. When I first glanced at the case, I thought it might have been a reproduction and made in Korea or Japan but it is not. It certainly is not American.   

I hope this helps.

Thank you. At least it’s not expensive so I think a good place to start with a restore. Thanks again.

8 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I hope this helps.

I have a German clock with a mvt. much like your photo,  vin

I have a German clock with a mvt. much like your photo,  vin

That gives me a bit more confidence about this movement.

Thanks vin.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now