Hi, just received my newest addition, namely a Casio as per photo. I have various watches from JLC dsa, Omega speedmaster, and probably a dozen Seiko's and various other watches and was looking for a daily "basher" after hunting around for a cheapo waterproof watch I decided on this Casio £48.00 plus £14.00 for a jubelee bracelet. I am delighted with it.. I beach fish so tested it by casting it out from Dover breakwater and left it in eighty feet of water for seven hours while I fished! The Casio is excellent for little money and looks pretty good too. If you are looking for a daily "basher" this is excellent. As I have said many times I am not into battery watches, but I am delighted with this watch. 

IMG_20180509_191507.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Well fiddle sticks!!!! I have corrected one problem but created another. I figured out that I didnt have the hammer mounted correctly. I fixed that and things seemed to function a bit better at least between depressing the buttons. I got a little confident and figured the crazy reading I was getting on the time graph was due to a bunk balance. So I decided to look into it. I have two assemblies. After a closer look these too seem to be different. I noticed the hair springs didnt seem to have a nice concentric layout when put in place so I decided to try and tweak them. That was a mistake. So far the only thing that really makes me a bit nervous is when I start messing with the hairspring. If I can find a good balance assembly id rather just drop the coin on it rather than try to fix them. Ive included pics of them. I will order a complete balance assembly, if I can find one. I have a hunch that the grinding im feeling when turning the stem is due to a bad sliding gear so I am going to swap that out as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Ok so what is the difference between Rabuska's book and Terwillger's? Are the same thing or does one have pictures that the other doesn't? Thanks again!

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

• It's my own homemade balance tack. Took a prescription pill bottle cap and some odds and ends lying around and voila. You can buy them too but there's something special when you make your own tools. You appreciate them more I find.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

• That is certainly an option. They should be available, and hopefully not eye wateringly expensive either, however it may be possible to fix the one you have. Just put on your safety specs and crack it open. I think a 2770 series barrel and mainspring would be correct, but check before you purchase. Something like this perhaps - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETA-Calibre-2770-Part-182-Complete-Barrel/222524899179?hash=item33cf847f6b:g:NLkAAOSw4CFYwvVt Also confirm with the supplier that it includes the spring.
    • I was more thinking about looking for a complete barrel to just replace it, not sure if I have the guts to open the barrel, would probably find the way to stick that spring into my eye.