Hello from Australia

Hello everyone :) I'm from Victoria in Australia and have have fallen in love with watch repairing :) I'm very new to the hobby and hoping to someday make a living out of it. Slowly working my way through Mark's online courses and setting up my workbench while acquiring tools as I go. Got my Seagull ST36 ETA/6497 clone all set - just waiting on my screwdrivers! Received a Wostok 2409A, Poljot 2616.1H Automatic and a couple of seagull ST19 VENUS175 clones ready to service when I get more experienced/confident :). If I love the work enough (which I am sure I will) I will be looking to enroll through BHI in UK for their technician course. I am lucky in that even though I live very remotely I have access to a clock and watch maker  who has been very generous with his knowledge and has even allowed me to come into his workshop and muck around on my days off and pester him with questions. So very happy to be here and looking forward to meeting everyone and learning as much as I can.

Welcome to this friendly forum. You are very lucky to have someone to ask and learn from.

I am a great believer of the hands on approach. You can only learn so much from books. As they, say there is nothing like getting your hands dirty.  

• Like 1