Please help me identify this vintage JeanRichard

I'd be grateful for any information regarding this vintage JeanRichard gents watch. I bought it around 20 years ago on the streets of Recife, Brazil. I had it serviced a while ago, it runs very nicely and seems to be relatively accurate. I have been searching for info but there's almost nothing on the web on vintage JeanRichards (well at least that I could find). It seems the company was bought by Girard Perregaux? Although I do not intend to sell it, I'd like some indication of rarity and/or value. I am not particularly attached to this watch so I might trade it sometime through proper procedures. Anyways, thanks in advance!

JR-1.jpg

JR-2.jpg

JR-3.jpg

Who made the watches always interesting question? The movements referred to as ebauche or perhaps today OEM can be one company and the selling company can be another. So the name of the dial or the case back or the back of the movement isn't necessarily who actually made the movement. On modern watches usually under the rim of the balance wheel you'll find the symbol and the number yours is nice and visible in the photograph very helpful. So the symbol is Felsa 1560 for the model number. Sometimes on older Swiss watches it's under the dial and other times the actual making company isn't visible at all.

Then knowing who made the actual movement as far as value goes doesn't necessarily help at all. People are usually buying watches for the name on the dial and the case and whether the watches made out of gold or not..

Then I find this website helpful

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Felsa_1560

JeanRichard.JPG

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

Who made the watches always interesting question? The movements referred to as ebauche or perhaps today OEM can be one company and the selling company can be another. So the name of the dial or the case back or the back of the movement isn't necessarily who actually made the movement. On modern watches usually under the rim of the balance wheel you'll find the symbol and the number yours is nice and visible in the photograph very helpful. So the symbol is Felsa 1560 for the model number. Sometimes on older Swiss watches it's under the dial and other times the actual making company isn't visible at all.

Then knowing who made the actual movement as far as value goes doesn't necessarily help at all. People are usually buying watches for the name on the dial and the case and whether the watches made out of gold or not..

Then I find this website helpful

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Felsa_1560

JeanRichard.JPG

Thank you, this is great info!