Hi All,

I recently replaced the movement for my Tissot PR50, which was a standard ETA F06.111. I now need to replace the crown as the old stem was broken into the crown and could not be re-used.

Could someone point me in the right direction in finding a proper replacement crown? I don't know the size or how/where to measure to find a proper crown.

Thank you!

On 5/4/2018 at 1:06 PM, rogart63 said:

Cousinsuk has some Tissot crowns. You would probably need a new stem also. I would think the stem is 0,9 mm . 

I replaced the movement and it came with a replacement stem.

Further research shows that the stem provided is a Tap 10 Stem, I presume.

How should I go about sizing the replacement crown?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By fraps8
      I offered to switch out the battery on my friends quartz watch since it had died (the seconds hand was ticking in place) 

I replaced the battery and still nothing. So i thought I'd take out the movement to get a closer look. so I tug on it a little and it pops out, and the watch face  stays in place. Now I have loose hands stuck between glass and the face with no way to get the dial off.

after 2 hours of internet searching I found only 1 post with the same problem. And their solution doesn't help. 

https://www.instructables.com/community/How-to-remove-watch-facedial/

This isn't my watch but It's the exact same problem. There is some sort of retaining ring holding the face from coming out of the back. I cannot pry it out, I've tried. Do I have to remove the crystal? heat? 
      I've got basic repair tools for my Seiko 5, but don't have a crystal press. Is this cheap Chinese watch toast? 

I can give pics of my exact watch if you'd like. 

• By east3rn
      Hello! 
      I am working on a vintage watch and the crown of the watch is fitted with a hidden type gasket which is 
      in terrible condition and needs to be replaced.
      However, I found it difficult to pull the gasket out with my tweezers or tooth pick. 
      Could anyone recommend an easier way to remove this kind of gasket from the crown??
      I forgot to take a photo of the crown so I attached a similar example I found on the web.

• By LeAnn
      I honestly just wanted to know how much it would cost me to fix my meylan stopwatch no. 214 if I were to send it to meylan to fix. I feel i should because on the inside the bezel case said to. And if I choose to send it to meylan then do i just send it or can I set up something online because on meylan's website I can't find anything about repairs or my stopwatch in particular. If you can help with some answers I would greatly appreciate it.
    • By Callum281
      I am just wondering what kind of watch would be good for me starting out as a complete beginner and not knowing very much about watches. I having been looking on eBay but not knowing what I'm looking for.
      Help would be much appreciated