One movement holder

wadsbrau

This is the type I used. It is a star movement holder. Holds watch movements very well they won't slip out. It will not hold pocket watch movements. Never repaired timex, to cheap and crappy to repair.

I still have mine in a tool box.

star-no-160-movement-holder-boxed-[3]-1909-p.jpg

Edited by oldhippy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Bergeon 4040 movement holder is among the best.

I was thinking this. Will it hold Timex M24 movement? I know, but i have a fondness for watches from my youth. :-)

Data
9.5 x 11.25''', Dm= 21.1 x 25.35mm
Do= 21.1 x 25.95mm
dimensions including dial spacers:
H= 4.1mm
F= 1.0mm
T= 2.0mm

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, wadsbrau said:

I was thinking this. Will it hold Timex M24 movement? I know, but i have a fondness for watches from my youth. :-)

Data
9.5 x 11.25''', Dm= 21.1 x 25.35mm
Do= 21.1 x 25.95mm
dimensions including dial spacers:
H= 4.1mm
F= 1.0mm
T= 2.0mm

Thanks!

That holder would work fine.. From 19,5 mm to 42 mm . Have two and they have served me well for years. 

• Thanks 1

I have one as well and it’s good for most movements. 

I have a few dedicated holders for Rolex movements and I recommend and prefer the dedicated ones. 

Id like to get a 2824 and 2892 one as well (at least). 

But for occasional use on various movements that’s a good choice. Just mind thebalance wheel before you crank it down... ask me how I know. 

• Like 1

I use a case holder like this one because it allows room for the balance to swing freely.   Most times I just set the hands with a pair of tweezers.  If a pusher is needed I than have one favorite one which is double ended with fiber board tips.  each tip has been bored out to fit either the hour or minute hand respectively. 

Feel free to reach out if you need any vintage Timex parts.  I do have a few laying around....

DSC06269.thumb.JPG.4341732039b4e47da0e5cfc12791c244.JPG

DSC07942.JPG

• Like 1

I have one of those with the adjustable Delrin feet... hate it. 

A set of AF hand setters and I did the same thing- bored three out so I can set the hands flush with the pinion but not below. I’ll use a bit of Rodico to set small hands. Then press with the closest size tool.