Removing Caseback

This is a very newbie question, but I always see descriptions/videos of how to remove casebacks, but I never see one that shows the type in my picture.  Is there some kind of special wrench tools for these?  I've tried the rubber ball, I always get the ball stuck on the lugs.  I thought maybe Jaxa, but I can't seem to get things to line up with the flathead type bits.  What's the best way to remove a caseback like I have pictured?

Thank you for any advice.

caseback.jpg

Are you sure that that isn't a snap off case back ? Some vintage watches had case backs shaped like yours but they were snap off. A picture from the side might help...

If you can't manage to open it I have another suggestion that I got from a watch forum once. Use a bit of super glue and stick something like a metal tool such as a screw driver or something onto the case back. Then use the tool to rotate the case back. Then simply clean away the glue from the case back and tool. Only did it once but worked great.

All I have is one of the typical adjustable three point back wrenches, but it works pretty well on those if they aren’t jammed too badly. Just adjust it so the points are across three of the flats. Works best if you have flat points in the tool not the round ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This is a very newbie question, but I always see descriptions/videos of how to remove casebacks, but I never see one that shows the type in my picture.  Is there some kind of special wrench tools for these?  I've tried the rubber ball, I always get the ball stuck on the lugs.  I thought maybe Jaxa, but I can't seem to get things to line up with the flathead type bits.  What's the best way to remove a caseback like I have pictured?
Thank you for any advice.
caseback.thumb.jpg.905c057055563f28a83786b794d53c22.jpg
Here's my DIY tool I use when the sticky ball don't work.
Get a round plastic box with a flat cover, about the size of your caseback.
Cover it with duct tape, sticky side out, on one side.
Hold your watch firmly in one hand, crystal on your palm.
With the other hand place the "now sticky" side of your plastic box on your watch caseback and apply a firm pressure.
Turn both hands opposite ways, still applying a good pressure.
The caseback should unscrew.
The duct tape could let some sticky on you caseback ... clean with a q-tip and nail remover.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1