Stripped Screw Pin on bracelet

Hello new guy here,  I recently purchased a new watch and in attempting to resize it one of the threaded link band screws was being very stubborn and ended up being stripped (one side of the pin is threaded and the other is a flat head screw).  I can't get any torque on turning it at all.  

I ended up ordering a space couple of links with new screw pins.  How can I remove this threaded link band screw? Not opposed to breaking it off somehow since I have some replacements coming.

Thank you!

image.png.a3f0c3d5332840e716e9fd4d866989cc.png

Likely the the pin was hold with Loctite and needed to be heated to be released. Try to work around that by replacing the two links complete. To remove the pin the threaded side would need to be drilled out very precisely, which is not only difficult, but it may not be worth or necessary to do.

• Like 1

If you have a bracelet pin extractor you may be able to apply pressure to the threaded end while turning the slotted end with a screwdriver. Apply heat to the threaded part of the link at the same time. No guarantees but worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk