Timex Watch

Hi! I posted this question in another forum but I think it's more suited in this discussion!

So I just bought a Timex Watch and need to remove the movement for reasons. I snapped of the back and discovered that this is not the way to remove it. So I'm wondering if I have to remove the glass and pull it all out from the front and if so - how do I go by doing this? I'm still very new to all this but I want to learn!

31170122_2033847216874897_3701331918667644928_n.jpg

31093330_2033847250208227_3034296765722394624_n.jpg

Ill just add that Timex watches are not the best to learn on as they were not really made to be dismantled to be worked on. You can do it, but there are better brands to learn on.

Any Swiss manual wind would be better to learn on.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, McKnas said:

Really now? That's really good to know! Thanks the answer!

its realy good to know "how to get the stem out"  on most watches.  timex  stems are somtimes complicated,  AND not the same as better watches.  vin

Yeah, I can see the little metal pin holding the stem in place but the "button" is on the other side, yeah? So that's probably not a good idea to loosen from this point.

I saw the video where Mark Lovic used a syringe and a plastig bag to pop out the glass with preasure. He pulled the crown out since it was a sort of "snap-on" kind of fastening. How would you know if you're dealing with one of those stems? I'm guessing since I can see the part holding the stem in place that we're not talking about that kind of release but I was just curious.

Most modern movements you can find technical sheets that cover dismantling.

I doubt you would be able to pop out the crystal on a Timex watch using a syringe.

This is a crystal lift.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crystal-Lift-Glass-cop-Watch-Opener-Remove-watch-glass-platform-Blue-PF-E6B7/332434422582?hash=item4d66a2bb36:g:X24AAOSwHUhZ-oiS

But I would suggest you look for a second hand better quality one, or atleast an 'Anchor brand' one that is made in India, not perfect, but good enough