Vintage Rolex watch.

Can someone help me please with the type number of this Rolex movement. It belongs to a friend and has been "got at" many years ago. The balance and escapement seem OK and  I have fixed the "Click"  and  need a new hairspring with collett and bead. Then I could hopefully service and finish the job. Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks and best regards, Mike.

IMG_2686.thumb.PNG.35d371d544ad0aee306f8850ddbae73a.PNGIMG_2685.thumb.PNG.d71c93fa7e1cbb9487df53d948f0a6a2.PNG

Thank you very much John. I will try to identify it tomorrow and keep you posted. I can take the face off and get a pic here later on. I fear that this is going to be hard work. Thanks again for your trouble and speak later. Regards,Mike.

19 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Looks like a FHF movement  which Rolex borrowed from FHF . But think there are some versions of this? Maybe could be a FHF 30 . What size is the movement?

The size really wouldn't help and to understand the variation problem. Do a search for Rolex 15 rubies Then look at the pictures. Not really relevant plate finish ranges from very very nice to very plain Then at least two different balance wheels as one of them has shock protection. Two different crown wheel styles one screw or two smaller screws. All for a watch that looks very similar to this one. Plus even the engraving on the plates are all different.

32 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Looks like a FHF movement  which Rolex borrowed from FHF . But think there are some versions of this? Maybe could be a FHF 30 . What size is the movement? 

Thank you very much rogart63. With the movement installed it appears to be 28.5mm or a little more.  Everyones help appreciated. Mike.

14 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

The size really wouldn't help and to understand the variation problem. Do a search for Rolex 15 rubies Then look at the pictures. Not really relevant plate finish ranges from very very nice to very plain Then at least two different balance wheels as one of them has shock protection. Two different crown wheel styles one screw or two smaller screws. All for a watch that looks very similar to this one. Plus even the engraving on the plates are all different.

Hi John, No shock protection and the crown wheel styles are one centre screw in each. I will now look for the 15 rubies. Thank you again, Mike.

41 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Hi, Movement is 28.5 mm in house !. I will remove it later. Tired now and thanks again, Mike.

John 725 and rogart63, Thank you both very much for your help. I am most grateful. There is an identical movement on Ebay that has been messed up. Incorrect balance wheel and Esc wheel top jewel damage. Pallet stone damage. HS damaged. Original Balance was a compensated type. Corrosion signs and damaged screws. Junk polished up for the job and the name is Rebberg? I will try to fit a different HS I think as the rest is quite clean. All thanks again and best regards,  Mike. PS. I still am not sure of the No. or type of movement it is though. 13 Ligne.

Edited by ecodec
More info.

The movement is a Aegler who made many of the early Rolex calibres Aegler was based in Rebberg in switzerland so these movements are described as Rebberg movements,  they where also supplied by Aegler to other watch companys and where not exclusive to Rolex, Gruen also used this movement badged as a calibre 806. 

If you want to research your movement, this would be a good start point,

http://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/aegler.php

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

The movement is a Aegler who made many of the early Rolex calibres Aegler was based in Rebberg in switzerland so these movements are described as Rebberg movements,  they where also supplied by Aegler to other watch companys and where not exclusive to Rolex, Gruen also used this movement badged as a calibre 806. 

If you want to research your movement, this would be a good start point,

http://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/aegler.php

Wls1971, Thank you for the information. I was struggling until you gentlemen came to my assistance. I will do my best to fix this watch and will look around for hair springs. All thanks and good wishes, Mike.