New Watch Repairman (Lady)

Hello,  I am from NC and fell into some great old Mickey Mouse watches.  I found that fixing watches has become my new niche in life.   However, I don't have any experience.  I just got lucky on an estate lot and found all I had to do is replace a battery.   I now have over 40 MM watches working and tend to pat myself on the back.  I really like the windups better.  I hope to learn and maybe teach a thing or two.  I am excited about this website due to the fact you have videos to learn from, even the basics.  I hope to gain new friends that have something in common with me.  I look forward to chatting with the community and am eager to learn.

Thank you. I bought one Mickey Mouse watch to repair the the one my brother gave me over 30 years ago. I seen there were lots more on eBay and started bidding. I got lucky on my last one with over 50 + watches along with their respective batteries. I fell in love with all of them. And still have today, haha. Look forward turn learning Lots

Hi MM, welcome to the forum, you will find very knowledgeable people on here who are happy to advise and help you. ( I am not one of them) every problem I have had concerning watch repair has been sorted simply by asking. This is the best and friendliest watch forum around. I look forward to seeing photos of your collection.

• Like 1

I have finally found time to post the pictures of the lot that I bought.  There are more that I have bought one by one, however, these came all in one package (with batteries!).  I have fixed most with just a battery change.  Any other Mickey Mouse Watch fans out there?  I have turned into a MM watch collector and I LOVE IT! 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600#2.jpg

s-l1600#3.jpg

s-l1600#4.jpg

s-l1600#5.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, that's an impressive collection of mostly Disney watches. It's nice that those analog watches got into good HANDS. Congratulations, and welcome to a great resource, populated by many fine watchmakers, hobbyists, and enthusiasts.

BTW: If that Tinkerbell watch has "Flirt" on the dial, I just fixed one just like it. Of course I also broke one just like it, as in the crystal while trying to replace a VERY stubborn back. If it's like the one that I worked on, I'm very impressed that you could replace that back. After replacing the convex glass crystal, I was more careful with how the case was shifting around in my case-closer. Good luck.

Thank you.  I can not get the back of the Flirt Tinkerbell watch.  I have tried and tried.  Any secrets to it Mr. Roundel?  Manodeoro, when I strike oil,lol
Could you post some pics of that Flirt Tinkerbell ?
- open case
- inside of the caseback
- outside of caseback
Did you tried with a crystal press ?

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Vacherin said:

Looks like a fake! Shouldn't Mikey's hands move to show the time?

Well ... it was just a joke.

Though I both love Mickey Mouse's watches and Rolex watches I consider the two sorts being contradictory.

I really don't think , though I can't be 100% affirmative, that Rolex ever produced a Mickey Mouse watch nor that they did let a firm officially modify their production.

Nevertheless the watch seems to be, as far as I know, a real 1601 Rolex, so that dial could be both what some people call a "refinished dial" or a fake dial.

I suppose Rolex would probably consider all the watch as a fake, even if only the dial is fake, but this is definitely a nice MM watch.

• Like 1